Monday, September 17, 2012

Paula Greif Ceramics

I'm always looking for new, up and coming potters who change the way I think about and look at pots and frankly, there is no lack of them. I feel like nearly every day I find a new name and a new form that I would have never thought of before but sends me straight to my studio sketchbook to lay out a new design of my own for a glaze or a pattern or a form. I found Paula Greif thanks to the ceramic lovers at Design Sponge. Her work is fantastic and totally her own. I love how organic all her shapes are and how her glazes and decoration totally compliment that fluidity and evidence of the hand.
You can get lost in pages of images of her work here.
She also talks about her art practice a bit in this article about her home and describes how she set out on a mission to make everything in her kitchen. I'm so down with that idea I think I'll be heading into the studio this week to start making a set of nesting mixing bowls.

 I can't get over these pedestal bowls.
The almost child-like tilt and gesture of these jugs is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment